Well, Hello There!
If you’ve been following me on Instagram or Facebook, you know how much craziness has been happening the past few months. It’s been a wild ride, and I’ve learned a lot that I never knew I’d need – such as how important it is to back up your content, how to switch hosting providers when the one you currently have just isn’t helpful, and how to start everything over from scratch in less time that you’d previously planned.
Now that all of that’s over and the site has officially launched as of February 1st, 2017:
Things You Already Know and Love
Most of the stuff you’ve come to love about my old blog, A Blond, Brunette, and a Redhead, will still be here. Although I lost most of my posts from the last year or so, I still have some older content that I plan to revive (such as Avery’s post here). Fortunately, my most popular series, Haflingers 101, was backed up on my computer, so I’m super happy to be able to repost it and finally finish it for you all.
I’m still sharing my artwork and offering commissions, notecards, and similar products. And of course, there will still be updates on Crumble’s progress, and cute pictures of both Crumble and Avery. (I know the photos are the most important part, anyway)
How in the World Did I Get From There to Here?
While I was sitting in my Website Development class a few months ago [Background: I decided to go back to school recently to pursue graphic design], I started brainstorming new ideas for my blog. I’d been craving a complete redesign of the site for awhile – I just wasn’t in love with the layout and look – and one by one, snippets of ideas seemed to start falling into my lap.
- What are the things I truly love most in life?
- Answer: Haflingers, dressage, helping kids/young adults in the horse world, all things artsy.
- How can I combine these things into something new?
- Answer: Hmmm…I’ve got a blog, I’ve got an art business, and I teach lessons. But not all in the same place. Plus, some of these things don’t fit my current blog focus, yet I still would like to blog about them.
- What is a need I see that needs to be fulfilled?
- Answer: I’d like to see a place where equestrians, especially young adults/teens, can find encouragement and advice for life/careers in the horse world AND in their horse-related creative pursuits.
- What’s stopping me from being the person to fill this need?
- Answer: Well…nothing! I’m in the perfect place – I’m surrounded by amazing equine professionals and have several years of experience as a professional in the horse world myself. I have a unique perspective in that I’m an artist, I have an equine degree, I teach lessons and work full-time in the industry, and I have lived in a handful of different states, working for different kinds of farms.
Then, one day, a lightbulb turned on
…and everything started flowing together. Within a short time, I had a plan: I wrote a Mission Statement, and I couldn’t stop fleshing out ideas. Weeks and weeks of simply devoting myself to this new plan have resulted in the site you’re seeing today – and I’m so, SO excited to share it with you all.
Besides the obvious site design change, you mean? Here are just a few of the fun new features I’ve unveiled:
To be launched in March 2017. If you sign up, you’ll start getting emails with my latest posts, as well as a coupon code for FREE coloring pages (you can use this code to get all my coloring pages free, forever!). Once the newsletter starts, you’ll be getting special discounts and updates, and extra details on Crumble’s journey to Grand Prix that won’t be posted here. I’ll also be featuring equestrians who embody the values of Because Pony. So, go sign-up!
Besides my Haflinger posts and general Crumble and Avery updates, I’ll also be posting more about art (such as tutorials, tips, my favorite software, etc), insights from my experience as an professional in the equine industry, and more about things like working student life, or how-to’s for survival in a career with horses.
I’m especially looking forward to sharing some guest posts with you! I’ve reached out to a few bloggers in the community who have something to share that I might find useful, fun, or relevant in some way to Because Pony’s mission. (In fact, keep an eye out for our first guest series soon – it’s all about photography) And, if you have a post or series you’d like to write or share, please contact me. 🙂
I’m looking at collaborating with some awesome friends to bring you even more great posts and info-packed e-books. You know what they say…two (or even three?) heads are better than one!
New Products and Expanding the Shop
I’ve added more coloring pages, and plan to introduce at least one new page for purchase each month (although newsletter subscribers will get it for free). Besides that, I’m working on my first coloring book and have added an easy way for you to get your own custom digital art. You can purchase any of these items securely through PayPal.
There You Have It
That’s my introduction to the new Because Pony brand. Now, I would love to hear from you. Let me know if the site is running smoothly for you, and if you notice any glitches that need my attention. I’d also love feedback on the new design, and what you think of the site’s new direction.
And, as always…